running quotes | marathon quotes & more
We love great running quotes!
In life, and in running, we know that not every single day goes as initially planned.
So, sometimes we need reminders, inspirational quotes, or funny quotes to help in getting us back on track.
Share your favorite and most inspirational quotes here.
There are all sorts of quotes for all different types of situations.
And, we know that not every single one will resonate with every single runner.
Our hope is that this page becomes a resource for you to turn to when you're looking for something uplifting.
And, we do hope that you'll "pay it forward," by contributing your own favorite running quotes.
Here are a few of our favorite types of quotes to help in getting you started!
Funny Running Quotes (Jogging Quotes included!)
Who is a runner who can't laugh at him or herself, or the daily habits we often put ourselves through for this wonderful passion of ours?
- "My doctor told me that jogging could add years to my life. I think he was right. I feel 10 years older already." - Milton Berle
- "Jogging is very beneficial. It's good for your legs and your feet. It's also very good for the ground. It makes it feel needed." - Charles M. Schulz
- "This is a lot of work for a free banana." - unknown
Inspirational Running Quotes
Running has highs and lows, and it isn't every day that we really want to lace up the sneakers and go. With that, it is great that inspiration and motivation can be found wherever you might look.
Here are a few of our favorite inspirational running quotes.
- "There is nothing so momentary as a sporting achievement, and nothing so lasting as the memory of it." - Greg Dening
- "I also realize that winning doesn't always mean getting first place; it means getting the best out of yourself." - Meb Keflezighi
- "When I go to the Boston Marathon now, I have wet shoulders. Women fall into my arms crying. They're weeping for joy because running has changed their lives. They feel they can do anything." - Kathrine Switzer
There is much more to running than the physical action. Whether in training or in competition, having a positive mindset lends itself well to continued enjoyment of this activity of ours.
Here are a few of our favorite positive mindset quotes:
- "Remembering what you've been through, and how that has strengthened your mindset, can lift you out of a negative brain loop and help you bypass those weak, one-second impulses to give in. Even if you're feeling low and beat down by life right now, I guarantee you can think of a time or two when you overcame odds and tasted success." - David Goggins
- "I would like to fight as hard as I can in each and every game, and win or lose, leave it at that, and move forward. I know in my heart that that is the mindset I need to be a successful and happy athlete." - Christen Press
- "I am not afraid of storms for I am learning to sail my ship." - Louisa May Alcott
We love all running distances, though the marathon distance does certainly stand out to many in the world. With that, there are certainly some amazing inspirational, marathon quotes, and funny quotes about marathons and marathoners!
Here are a few you might like:
- "If you want to run, run a mile. If you want to experience a different life, run a marathon." - Emil Zatopek
- "What I think a lot of great marathon runners do is envision crossing that finish line. Visualization is critical. But for me, I set a lot of little goals along the way to get my mind off that overwhelming goal of 26.2 miles. I know I've got to get to 5, and 12, and 16, and then I celebrate those little victories along the way." - Bill Rancic
- "I've run the Boston Marathon 6 times before. I think the best aspects of the marathon are the beautiful changes of the scenery along the route and the warmth of the people's support. I feel happier every time I enter this marathon." - Haruki Mirakami
We'd Love to Hear Your Most Favorite Running Quotes. Share Them Here!
We're always looking for inspirational, insightful, and informative quotes.
To add to that, funny quotes and positive mindset quotes are pretty awesome, too.
Share your favorite running quotes with us today!
A few ideas to get you started:
- My favorite funny running quotes are: _______.
- The most powerful running mindset quote is: ________.
- The inspirational running quote I turn to most is: _______.
Click here to return from Running Quotes to the Marathon-Running.com Home Page.
Related Resources Available On Amazon:
Available on Amazon (affiliate link).
Thanks for reading! Let me know that you loved this article
by clicking the FB "Like" button just below!
Here Are The Best Ways To
Work With Us & To Stay In Touch!
"Hard work is not punishment. Hard work is the price of admission for the opportunity to reach sustained excellence."
~ Jay Bilas