the nashville marathon by st. jude children's research hospital
Some of the food music and fun to be expected in a Nashville Marathon trip!
I'm very excited about the upcoming Nashville Marathon!
Last I was there was in September of 2016, when friends and I had flown into Nashville.
Share your mountain or marathon running story here.
We'd then driven to Wartburg, Tennessee to participate in the Barkley Fall Classic ultramarathon.
After finishing that incredible adventure, we'd planned to finish the remainder of our trip in exploring Nashville.
With the constant and amazing music, delicious foods (we were still refueling after the BFC race!), and generous hospitality, a great time was had by all.
I'd know since that first trip that I'd wanted to return again. And, that opportunity has come about.
This Coming April Can't Get Here Soon Enough!
In organizing my running calendar for this upcoming year, and with my passion for running for charity, I found the perfect match in St. Jude Heroes.
I'll be running the Nashville Marathon in support of raising funds and awareness for the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
We've written a bit about running for St. Jude in other articles, and we'd love for you to check those out, as well!
Hopefully, they'll inspire you to come along, or to run for charity in a local, or destination, race of your own.
A Bit About The Nashville Marathon
The Nashville Skyline.
For those wondering a bit more about the race.
It is part of the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon Series, an organization hosting over 25 events around the world, with lots of different distance options.
The Nashville course brings racers through the heart of the City, including:
Some of the Other Important Details:
When is the race?
- If you're in for this coming year's event, you'll have to be laced up and at the starting line on April 25, 2020.
What time does it begin?
- We've been known to frequent several races with early start times, and this is no exception. You may need your coffee! The start time is at 7:15am (it is subject to change, so if you do sign up, stay tuned to messages from the race organizers!).
Is there a time limit for racers to finish?
- Yes. You'll have to be able to complete the race in 6 hours, or less, in order to be an official finisher, and to be protected by the road closures and other measures that race directors have organized for runner safety. (Concerned about finishing quickly enough? Be sure that you've got an appropriate and comprehensive training program to help in getting you fully prepared!).
Where, exactly, is the starting line?
- The excitement of the day, and the race, begins in Downtown Nashville, with the start line at the intersection of 8th and Broadway!
A Nissan Stadium Finish Line sounds pretty cool to us!
Yeah, but how cool is the finish line?
- Is finishing at Nissan Stadium cool enough for you!?
Is there a course map?
- Sure is! Download it here. (This is the course from 2019, though it is the same for 2020. You'll need a .pdf file reader to check it out!).
Other runner perks?
There are a whole bunch of other runner perks, too many to list here! You're just gonna have to register to find out, and to experience all of them!
We'd Love Your Support!
We'd love your support as we aim to raise funds and awareness for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
- Most important to us is that through St. Jude, families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food.
All of our training and racing is being dedicated to the cause.
So, how can you help? Here are a few of the ways:
- Consider a tax-deductible donation: Visit our St. Jude Heroes Fundraising Page.
- On social media: Spread the word and donate on our Facebook Fundraising Page.
- Become a runner: Register as a St. Jude Hero and enjoy the race with us.
Thanks For Your Help and Consideration!
Thanks so much for your support, your help, and your consideration. We'll hope to see you at this race, or at another, in the future!
Click here to return from Nashville Marathon to Marathon Running.
Click here to return from Nashville Marathon to the Marathon-Running.com Home Page.
Related Resources Available On Amazon:
Available on Amazon (affiliate link).
Thanks for reading! Let me know that you loved this article
by clicking the FB "Like" button just below!
Here Are The Best Ways To
Work With Us & To Stay In Touch!
"Hard work is not punishment. Hard work is the price of admission for the opportunity to reach sustained excellence."
~ Jay Bilas