Marathon Bucket List
(Bangor, ME, USA)
Marathon Bucket List
My Marathon Bucket List
I've mostly done half marathon races, but I want to challenge myself with longer races, and no better place to start than with the marathon!
I haven't looked into whether these races require certain qualification, but I know they are ones that have caught my eye, and I definitely envision myself preparing for them, getting to the starting line, and getting to the finish line.
Plus, visiting all of these different cities would be pretty cool, too!
So, here's my list! If you've run any of them, or have advice on what to expect, please let me know! (Editor insert: Hi readers, you can use the comment section/link at the bottom of Jessica's post to add comments and advice to help her in her quest!).
- The Boston Marathon - I know there is a qualifying aspect to it, but I also believe hugely in running for charity, so I'd be very interested in running for a charity, whether I had a good qualifying time or not.
- The New York City Marathon - Boston's Marathon has incredible history behind it, so I'm definitely going to run that one. But, I can imagine how amazing running through a city like New York would be. This one is way up there on my marathon bucket list.
- A Rock 'n' Roll Marathon - Where this one happens matters a little bit less to me than just doing one. It sounds so cool and fun!
- The Eugene Marathon - I'm not a really fast runner, but I love watching all sorts of running events. I know this marathon finishes inside historic Hayward Field on the campus of the University of Oregon, so that'd be amazing to finish there!
- The Chicago Marathon - I haven't spent much time in Chicago, but it seems like a city that I'd love. I heard that this race has a lottery to get in, so maybe I should start applying.
- The Seattle Marathon - I've never been to Seattle either. Haven't been to the Pacific Northwest at all, so I'd be pumped to visit and explore. I'm kind of guessing that I should expect rain whenever I get to this one. That's fine with me!
That's My Marathon Bucket List
So, that's my list. I'm always adding to it. And, I'm sure at some point, I'll be a bit more confident about graduating from my half-marathon races to marathons! If you've got any advice, or have run any of these races, please let me know!!Runner and readers: what races are on your marathon bucket list? Write up your own list by using the link below.