Marathon Running, Cross Country Running, Trail Running Tips, and more!
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see further." ~ Thomas Carlyle
Welcome to our marathon running website, Marathon-Running.com!
We are your online resource for everything and anything related to running.
We also provide the very best in Personal Training for Runners in the Greater Boston Area (learn about our Framingham Personal Trainer options).
Some of you may have been running competitively for years with a number of races under your belt (maybe even a 100-mile buckle or two).
Others of you may be new to this wonderful community, and looking forward to running exercise for health, hobby, or recreation.
No matter your level or reason for participating, we're excited to be here with you!
Here's Some of the Fun Stuff You'll Find Within Our Site:
"20 Strength and Endurance-Building Rucking Workouts"
Our popular, rucking workouts e-book will add some variety & fun to your training!
- Learn about us in our "Why I Run" profile section (and, upload your running profile, too!)
- How to choose the best running shoes
- Running news available by way of "The Running Club Reader," our free e-newsletter
- Cross country running
- The running mind (mindset, sport psychology, and more!)
- Running club shout outs! (Tell us all about your fave run club, race organization, or fitness community, and what makes them special!)
- Trail running
- Our ruck sack e-course (4 free ruck sack workouts delivered conveniently to you!)
Find What You're Looking For Here!
Quick links to our most popular sections!
More Fun Running Stuff:
- Marathon Running Gear (post & read running gear reviews for all distances)
- Running tips (for beginners and for those with a bit of experience)
- Ultramarathon running tips, race reviews, and training advice
- How to start running (running for beginners, tips for running, beginner running program information, and more!)
Affiliate Disclosure Statement:
When you make a
purchase through links on this page, we may receive a small commission,
with no additional cost to you. We recommend only products that we have
used and found to be beneficial, those we would purchase, or those we
believe may have benefit to you. For more information, please see our affiliate disclosure policy.
- How to find some favorite running routes in your area
- Running workouts (to include strength training, flexibility & mobility, core training, and heart-rate training)
- Information on running vs walking, running for charity, avoiding hip pain from running
You'll even find an area to share your running story in our Running Log!
More Than Just Marathon Running
Though we do love marathon running,
you're as likely to find us at a local 5k or 10k race.
Or, you may find us at elevation,
testing our legs and lungs, in our favorite mountain running races,
ultra-distance events, other running sports (and non-running sports).
Then, there are all of the other fun, multi-sport challenges.
We never get bored!
And, as much fun as crossing finish lines may be, our training days are some of the most pleasurable.
That's especially true as we get to share them with friends, teammates, and the rest of the running community!
In our marathon running section, you'll learn all about:
- The history of the marathon
- Training tips for beginners and veterans of the distance
- Crosstraining tips
- Positive mindset
- and, more!
Learn How To Start Running
One of our great joys is in sharing the love of running.
We've all been beginners, in something, at some point in our lives.
Our section on how to start running is one of our most popular.
In it, We Share:
- Beginner running tips
- Information on how to perform a mindset reset
- Treadmill running tips
- Even information on the popular question, "What is a marathon?"
- and, more!
All About Mindset
Is your existing mindset supporting you in achieving your goals?
Or, is it working against your ability to see progress?
We explore this, and more, in our running mind section.
You'll Enjoy Articles On:
- The fastest marathon time (the mental side of the achievement)
- The mindset definition
- Running depression
- Running preparation
- Quotes on mindset
- and, more!
Marathon Running Gear Reviews
Do you have a favorite pair of running shoes?
Maybe you have a favorite running watch.
How about what you consider to be the best running watch?
In our marathon running gear section, you'll learn all about what runners wear.
And, you'll be able to share your best advice on the gear that you've enjoyed most!
That way, we're all able to keep learning and experimenting!
Some More Fun Stuff in this Section:
- Best running watches
- Garmin running watches
- Marathon clothing
- Winter running gear
- and, more!
Share Your Stories!
One of our favorite things about our site is that it is interactive!
That means that you get to share your running stories with our readers.
We've got a whole list of areas on our site where you'll be able to contribute.
Become a contributing author today!
We can't wait to read all about your running journey!
What Others Have Shared:
Here are just a few of the more than 50 topics that our readers have written about and shared with us:
- 5 tips for running a 5k
- How to start trail running
- The best Merrell trail running shoes
- Marathon bucket list
- Best Winter running gear
- Rucking World Championship
- Great rucking workouts
- The Endurance Society running club
- Running for St. Jude
- Plantar Fasciitis from running
- Fat bike riding
- Top 5 cross training tips
- and, more!
Get Comfy, Browse Our Site, & Tell Your Friends
Here's what to do next:
- Grab your favorite recovery drink (don't forget to hydrate for your next run!)
- Find a comfy spot on the couch
- Get ready to browse through all the fun info here on Marathon-Running.com (take a look at our marathon running blog for the latest news & updates to the site!)
- Looking for something specific on our site? Use our Search This Site page to make it easier!
- Be sure to tell all your running buddies about us by sharing our site with them!
Hint: use the Social buttons below to share on your social media pages!
Running Things We're Daydreaming About Right Now...
- New Running Shoes (do you have a favorite brand?)
- Trail Running
- New Running Routes
- Running Workouts (gotta get in that strength training!)
- Running Music (do you have a fave playlist?)
- Review our site (leave your own review & tell us how we're doing!)
- Running for Charity
- Running gifts (the best gifts for the runners in your life!)
- How to Improve Running Speed
- Marathon Running Patreon (learn about our tiers of membership!)
- Our Marathon Running Calendar (and all of our other distance races, too!)
- Common Running Injuries
- Winter Running Gear (love the seasons up here in New England!)
- GPS Running Watches (which are you partial to?)
- And, Running Quotes (to keep you inspired, motivated, and even laughing!)
An Action Shot For You...
Here I am finishing up the Loon Mountain Race!
Here I am, finishing up the 6.6 miles and 3,200' of elevation gain at the 2019 #LoonMountainRace. This one is consistently a favorite race, year after year, though I'm not certain my quads think so!
Special thanks go to Loon Mountain Resort & Acidotic Racing. And, photo credit to: Joe Viger Photography!
Got Questions? Ask a Runner Anything!
Do you have something running-related on your mind? Check out the "Ask a Runner" section of our site!
See our running FAQs, ask your running questions, and provide answers to other readers/runners here, too!
Running Coach, Strength Coach, and Personal Trainer Directory Listings
Are you a running coach, strength coach, or personal trainer? Create a free, basic running coach directory listing today. It's easy to do!
Find a coach - Browse our directory of running coaches and personal trainers to find one who suits your needs and goals today!
Related Resources Available On Amazon:
Available on Amazon (affiliate link).
Thanks for reading! Let me know that you loved this article
by clicking the FB "Like" button just below!
Here Are The Best Ways To
Work With Us & To Stay In Touch!
"Hard work is not punishment. Hard work is the price of admission for the opportunity to reach sustained excellence."
~ Jay Bilas